AUTOSCOPY


ARTIST STATEMENT: This assignment was something I was really looking forward to altering an image and make it look like a different dimension. The original photo is a selfie of my best friend an I at a music festival, we both have scarves and masks covering our face. The color reflecting off our faces is emphasized by the lights but what draws me to this picture is our big and beautiful brown eyes.
    For this project, I created masks around our scarves and eyes. I then put a black and white optical illusion replacing the deleted images so it contrasts well off the colored image. The image itself I wanted to make more bright and bold so I toyed around with the vibrancy and saturation. As well as placing a photo filter of purple on the image to strengthen the colors of the pink and blues. I added text in an American Typewriter font that reads, "It's all in your HEAD." I chose to write a quote there so you can imagine that what you're seeing is all in your head. The eyeball plants were a personal touch I wanted to add. One is more faded than the other.
   This project took me about 30-45 minutes.
   DISCLAIMER: NO DRUGS WERE USED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS PHOTO

Comments

  1. I love everything about this! The last sentence of your statement is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P5 Mesh

GIF